Monday, November 22, 2004

Maiiiiiiiil tiiiiiiime!

Those of you who watch "Blue's Clues" will know exactly what I'm talking about and those of you who don't are just going to have to believe me. Last night I brought the Christmas cards up from the basement & left them in their boxes on the living room floor. One of them was just a fancy cardboardish envelope w/ new cards inside. This morning, she makes a beeline for that one- it's green and decorated with teddy bears. Then she holds it in both hands and swings her arms back and forth JUST LIKE STEVE on "Blue's Clues." So I sing the mail time song he does: We just got a letter, we just got a letter, we just got a letter, wonder who it's from? She beams at me, pops open the velcro tab and waits for the rest: Oh look! It's a letter from our friends! Thought you'd get a kick out of it. Now you'll just have to watch the show to get a better idea! Hehe!

She then devoured six of Aunt Jemima's mini pancakes, half a yogurt, and an unfortunate piece of Chex that had fallen to the floor before I could catch her..... she's now stealing bites of my toast, too...and away she goes! Have a fun day!

PS Those spiffy new hot pink pants are from Mary Alice =D

3 comments:

Mary Alice said...

Oh boy! Those pants look great, but I think she's going to have her mother's long legs! Good thing those things aren't any shorter! ;) Love you!

Meredith said...

I've only watched Blue's Clues once, but I do know that song. Kinda scary, huh?

Dave said...

What Meredith's not mentioning is that she sings it every time we get mail, too. :)