Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Odds & Ends

Darn it, I loaded the pictures backwards again. Oh well...

Carrie likes to steal the rod from the hamper and click it around against the floor like a blind person's cane. Finally the camera caught her in the act. She's going to be funny like Nate, I think, Andrew. Hehe!

She's been loving those blocks from the Kurth grandparents. With a little help, she can create some pretty tall towers! I've seen her to 10 alone. Definitely has more of that math-oriented brain than I do ;)

She's also been throwing fits every time we put her into the high chair. She wants so badly to be at the table with the big people while we're at home. Doesn't seem to care as much either way while we're out to eat, thankfully. So, with a mixture of relief (we have a small kitchen and it'll be GREAT to get that thing outta there) and chagrin (she still makes SUCH a mess) we've moved her to a portable chair at the table. Look how proud she is!

I didn't get pictures of this next part, but yesterday it was 46 degrees so you can bet your sweet bippy we headed outside. She had a MARVELOUS time splashing in the puddles, sticking in the mud, and stomping through the snow. She decided she liked eating it too. Relax, none of it was yellow snow. Hehe! She was a muddy, wet mess when we got back into the house but she sure had fun! Next time I'll have to grab the camera before we venture out. Going to have to get this girl some mudpuddle galoshes. She's definitely my kid- the mud was her favorite!

You can tell she's almost two. She can throw a tantrum like the best of them. I read in Parenting magazine that ... wait, let me quote so I get it right... crud, can't find it. Anyway, the gist of it was that a child screams at 85 decibels. Hearing damage can start at 80 decibels. Carrie screams at roughly (fill in the blank with a number over a bazillion) so you can imagine how much we're looking forward to those terrible twos. Suggestions welcome!

Happy over the hump day!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Hey Carrie,

Its big bro Mo (Manoj), I am writing a message thru the Gordon's account. I miss you and your mother and father. Come visit cause i have lots of toys and stuff to give you. I can't spoil you from all the way over here! And always remember, Brown people are cool, especially Indians.