Monday, October 09, 2006

Weekends to Remember

Colorado posts kinda got sidetracked. We've been traveling the past two weekends and I had pictures of those that I wanted to get up here before they got buried in the hard drive somewhere. I haven't forgotten that there's more to the CO trip, I promise!

Sept 30-Oct 1 we went to Andy, Dallas, and Andrew's (2) house in the Akron area. They've been there for years and this was our first visit! Shame on us. =( Other friends came to play too: Mike, Elly and Brayden (who's a few days younger than Liam); and Sean, Kyle, Olivia (4) and Kenny (2). So there were 6 kids age 4 and younger. Triskal was beside herself with joy to have so many babies to kiss. Some of them were less than thrilled to be kissed by something that big and furry. Eh... Anyway, we had a great time visiting and eating. Thank you so much for the hospitality! We had a blast!

This past weekend we went to camp to help paint the dining hall w/ other previous staff members. Again, we had an amazing time catching up w/ friends and eating and working. It hardly felt like work when there was so much to talk about and so many helping hands. Thanks to everyone who was there- Jeff, Heather, Skink, Heidi, Ames, Tom & Stacy, Dawson, Chris & Lisa, Alison, Leslie, Mary Alice, Rah Rah! It was awesome to get to hang out AND get work done. We can't wait to do it again! Thanks to Grandma Barb and Pap for lending us the paint sprayer. That really helped a lot. And yes, we took Triskal who loved on and was loved on by lots of people, not just the ones who were working.

Carrie went to Grandmama and Pa Pa's house for the day and was busy as well. She had lunch w/ Nana and Pap Pap, had a long nap, and played at a pumpkin farm! Once Grandmama brought her back to camp, we 4 went hiking out to Chapel Rock (which Carrie calls "Chappie Rock") and then to the ice cave. Triskal was completely joyful to be let off her leash and explored everything she could, bounding gleefully over fallen trees, rocks, the benches at Chapel Rock, etc. Such fun! She drank out of every stream she could find and Carrie observed, "we're gonna have a wet dog!" as only she can say it. The trip home was uneventful (just the way we like them) and we were all SO glad to sleep in our own beds last night. =)

Ack! It's bedtime for me and I know there are more Carrie-isms that I am forgetting. One that comes to mind was when Dada was talking to Lee & Rita about one of his brewery trips for work. He said "brewery" in a few sentences, and even though nobody asked for her input, Carrie pipes up, "I've gone to the library lotsa times too!" Rita caught it too and we had a good laugh about brewery and library being synonyms. Hehe! I'll have to find the other ones I had written down...

Have a great week! Tomorrow is the next to the last gymnastics class for miss Carrie and she informed me tonight, "I don't wike ballet. Well, I wike it a tiny, tiny bit. I wike gymnastics!" which is a darn shame because they've changed their registration for gymnastics and now the kids who are 2-3 would have to do it with a parent. Now how am I supposed to pull that off w/ Liam right there? It's in a separate building from the Y, so the child care doesn't apply as far as I know. *sigh* That's the reason I signed her up for this one in the first place- it was "without parent." Oh well. Take care all!

1 comment:

Noj said...

thanks val for your continuous updates on my little brother and sister!