Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A productive morning

This morning we got everyone dressed, fed, and got Care Bear out the door to the bus. I've made soup while blogging and am preparing to clean out the fridge because tonight is garbage night. We had Grandma Barb stay with us over the weekend, and Dada & I snuck in a few dates including seeing Avatar in 3D IMAX. Whoohoo! =D Awesomeness.

It's flurrying outside and the weather channel said it was 22 but felt like 6 this morning when I checked. I'm afraid to look again. Care Bear said, "I'm in 4 shirts!" because she had an undershirt tank, a long sleeve T, her Dora vest with a hood, her hat, and her big winter coat on when she left. I checked though, and she did make it onto the bus and didn't blow away to Ypsilanti or Yakima. I told Grandmama we should turn Carrie into a kite and power the house with her. Hmmmm...

Last week she succumbed to the bug that was going around and woke me up Wednesday night at 2:45. She was standing in the hall and announced, "I just threw up. Can I sleep with you?" to which she got a prompt, "getinthebathroomandnowayareyousleepingwithme!" Turns out she meant she'd just been coughing up phlegm (sorry, TMI for some of you) and was worn out. She stayed home in bed most of Thursday and then was able to go for her spelling test and stuff on Friday. She was not pleased to have makeup work over the weekend. TS, as aunt Lainie would say. Just TS, Carrie.

Liam still asks out of the blue, "so. How's that baby in your belly coming along, Mama?" which always cracks me up. That baby is doing just fine, Liam. Bouncing around, though the kids don't know it yet or they'll never leave me alone, wanting to feel every little thing. It's too cold for me to walk around with both of them sticking their hands up under my shirt.

Had a great birthday weekend thanks to dates enabled by Grandma Barb, cards & phone calls & a bazillion well wishes on Facebook. I feel so loved! =)

Seems there was another Carrie story I was supposed to post, but I can't remember what it is. Hmm. I'm sure Grandmama will remind me. I'm listening to the soundtrack for "Benny & Joon" this morning and looking forward to having my nice, hot soup for lunch.

Have a wonderful week, stay warm, and don't forget that Valentine's Day is coming up. Cut out some hearts and snowflakes and decorate your spot in life! Or better yet, big smiling suns!

1 comment:

JC said...

I've decided that no VDay projects should be started until after the Mama's birthday is over! You must have followed this reasoning, too. =)