Friday, January 27, 2012

"Those are Good Reasons"

Anyone who has an affinity for Lucy and Linus from Charlie Brown will get that title line. Lucy has had it, as usual, with Linus, and threatens him with five good reasons why he should turn his behavior around. She counts down all five fingers on one hand and then proceeds to wave that fist under his nose. His eyebrows go up into his bangs and he quips, "those are good reasons!"

I'm telling you that because the kids and I have been listening to some songs that we dance to in my Zumba class. One is Don Omar's "Danza Kuduro", but I digress. I told Carrie that she can join us when she's 13. I told her, "you'll like it. We'll have fun."

She said, "and you'll be old."

Then she saw me coming. With a sotto voce "oh dear" that was followed by "those are good reasons" she slid off her stool, giggling.

That kid!

1 comment:

Rebecca H. said...

what a stinker!!