Sunday, April 29, 2018

He did it!




The Damonater is now a black belt in karate. Yay! The last test, this "fun" one involving sparring and grappling, happened yesterday and the entire class passed. They worked their behinds off:






Damon's second grade teacher popped in for awhile and commented, "I think I've lost weight just while I've been sitting here..." and "they're making me tired just watching them!" His face lit up when he saw her. Our buddy Myron also made an appearance for "mortal support" (yes, I know it's "moral", but if you haven't seen "The Gods Must Be Crazy" then you should and you'll catch the reference).

Of course we celebrated with ice cream afterwards, because that's how we roll. Graduation will be Saturday, May 12 at noon if anyone wants to come see him actually get his belt, the ceremony, the fun after all the hard work, and so on. 

Woohoo, three cheers, hip hip hooray, and way to go!


No comments: