Monday, August 20, 2018

This old man


Damon had the obligatory back-to-school, meet-your-teacher, drop-off-your-school-supplies meeting tonight and I had the brilliant idea to attempt to get groceries afterwards since I only had one kid to wrangle. 

The Aldi trip was fine and fast, and we then only needed a very few things from Walmart. We found our raisins and Dada's aftershave and our vitamins and then I realized we are out of hand soap refill, so we grabbed that. I used two plastic bags, one with the soap and aftershave in it and the other held the raisins and the vitamins. 

Being a mom, I gave him the lighter one. He protested, telling me, "hey! That one is more heavy. I'm going to be a man soon!" 

I asked if he meant like, tomorrow, or next year, or what. 

"I don't care. I'm going to be a man." 

He won. He got the heavy bag. Well played, man-child. 

No comments: