Saturday, February 02, 2019

One month later


These photos were taken a month to the day after my last radiation treatment but got lost in the holiday shuffle otherwise known as Christmas-New Year's-wedding anniversary-and my birthday that goes on around here. I'm still "tan" but have excellent range of motion, am all done peeling, am still using lotion/oil once or twice a day, and have had my follow up appointment with my radiation team. I got hugged and exclaimed over and they declared me doing "really, really well" and that they'll see me again in six months. 




You can see under my armpit the corner of where the bolus covered and between my spine and shoulder blade still has the patch of "tan" from being radiated from below. The armpit part still gets itchy every so often but overall everything has healed really well. I feel like it's fading more from the top down but I can't really tell if that's just how the light hits it or if it's a "true fact" as we say around here. 

My port fared really well. I'm to get that removed sometime in May. I'll be using it into April for the Herceptin and Perjeta IV rounds. I have another echo scheduled this week for my heart, because Herceptin can affect hearts in not good ways. My previous two echoes were both fine, however, and thank you, God. Once the IV rounds are done, the port can come out, and then I'll start a drug that is six pills a day taken at once, in addition to the Tamoxifen that I take every morning now. I'll be on that new med for one year, or at least that's how it stands now. Tamoxifen will be part of my routine for the next decade. Today was Day 44 and so far, so good. 

Hair is coming in, too, but until the darn Ohio wind decides to give it a rest I'm in all my hats and scarves and wraps anyway. I am excited about heading back into school to volunteer with first graders again! Here's hoping Mother Nature settles down just a bit so that everyone can go to school and to work and run errands and do their thing!

No comments: