Monday, November 11, 2019

Veterans' Day snow


Thank you to all our Veterans, far and wide, who have served or are serving our country presently. Thank you to your families who hold down the fort and try their best to hold things together while you do what you've been called to do. Thank you all for the ridiculous amount of time and love and honor you pour out for those of us who do indeed take it for granted and often forget your sacrifices. We are put to shame when we stop to remember. Thank you for forgiving us.

Pap is here. He is one of those Veterans. Liam invited him to join the assembly to thank veterans at the high school today. It is November 11, and we are experiencing our first snow of the season. When Pap went into the assembly, there was a layer of gritty-yet-slippery hail-ish yuck. Now the snow is blustering about, looking like someone shook us. The powers that be are calling for 2-5 inches and I am wondering where in the garage I may find my ice scraper for Pepe the Pilot; I haven't yet made the switch from sunshade to scraper. 

I prefer the sunshade.

Muchly, much much more, as they say in Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? 

Now we shall see how easy it is to "lose" a Great Pyrenees in the snow. We've read that they shouldn't be let off leash as they tend to experience wanderlust, and "your neighbor may be surprised, especially as they appear out of the snow, to find a huge dog..."

I'm not ready!

Granted, I'm never ready, but substantial snow before Thanksgiving truly doesn't sit well with me. I don't even care of white Christmases. I'm more of a "if it has to snow, it can wait until the New Year- we already had enough this year" person. I will not say "fan."

So here we are with three kids and three dogs and hopefully school will be on time tomorrow because as early as the snow is, it is waaaaaaay too early to be starting with the snow days and delays!

This is why the rum is always gone...







No comments: