Monday, June 15, 2020

Flashback or throwing Hinrew under the bus



Liam barricaded himself behind all our cereal boxes at breakfast. I saw him heading over to the table with his arms completely full and I said, “where are you going?!” He said, “I’m unleashing my inner Hinrew.” For those of you unfamiliar, my brother’s name is Andrew, but the little brother of the friend across the street couldn’t quite say that yet so he’d call across the street, “hiiiiii Hinrew!” My mom and I loved it. Even though he’s now 40 years old, he is still Hinrew to us. Hin for short. 

Damon snatched one of the cereal boxes and Liam growled, “hey, what’re you doing? I put that there specifically so I wouldn’t have to look at YOU.”

Liam then tried to pour from the bag of dessert cereal, which Damon had opened and was therefore torn and mutilated. As cereal escaped all over, Liam grumbled, “Daaaaamon!” To which his little brother sweetly replied, “I was unleashing my inner Hinrew.” (Another famous Hin-theme was disastrously opened cereal. I used to tel him over and over, “just let ME DO IT! AAAAUGH!”

Liam scowled and murmured, “okay, I’ll grant you one pardon.”



No comments: