Thursday, July 13, 2023

Tino’s tour of foods

Um, to quote Tantor from 'Tarzan'... "looks questionable to me." 
Are you sure airport sushi is wise?


Creme brulee! Now we're talkin'! 
(Totally separate occasion. Not at an airport. Might have been in London.)


I've never had a toast trolley before. Adorable!



Tino and his brownies. Tsk. Good thing we hiked all over!


I've also never had a veggie palm tree before. 



Lots and lots of lovely coffees, at cafes, in airports, everywhere.



Garfield's favorite, lasagna. No haggis for this guy!



Awaiting fish n chips in London, above
Holy moly, there they are and they put them on a sandwich!

Okay, this story is fantastic. I'd been having small breakfasts and running around all day while Dada was doing his training. And since we didn't meet the rest of the crew for dinner until 7pm, that's a lot of time to get into Shenanigans. On Wednesday, I didn't have a specific destination in mind, having already done Stirling Castle and the William Wallace Monument and therefore declared it a shopping day. I wandered around Stirling, scouting coffee and tea for a friend, perusing all the tartans, and so on. I realized I was getting hungry and knew dinner wasn't until late. As I was headed uphill, again, I spied a tiny little shoppe with a sandwich board outside that said, "waffles and ice cream" and I thought YES!!!!! 
So there I go, zooming into this adorable little shoppe where I ask, "do you still have waffles? With ice cream?" She smiles at me and asks, "Nutella? Or Biscoff?" "WhooHOOOOOO Biscoff! YAY!" One of the guys in the shoppe cracks up and says, "I LOVE Biscoff!" So there's me, outside, at a tiny table which is tilted because everything is on a hill, waiting with my fork and my knife for my waffles and ice cream and Biscoff, whilst everyone to my left downhill at the pub has their own little tilted tables of pints and what-have-you. 


I had WAY more fun that they did. Yummmmmmm. I ate every single bite and Tino may or may not have licked the plate.

In London on Saturday, Dada and I got to hit a farmers' market and we bought some tasty looking berries. You guys, these were the most flavorful berries either of us have ever had. I don't know where they grow them, but they tasted of Heaven itself. So juicy and plump and perfect- not an icky one in either box!


 There was plenty more food than that, but if you're ever in Stirling, I can recommend heartily: Brea's, Port Cullis, Mamma Mia's, Hermann's, and Gloria's for the waffles, ice cream and Biscoff!

No comments: