Thursday, November 23, 2023

What’s in a name?

 Thing Two came downstairs (which I always hear as part of Bill Cosby’s chocolate cake routine) in his robe and slippers and hair, and Dada quipped, “looks like Bob Marley.”

Now, being married for as long as we have, I knew exactly that he meant Hair In His Face was channeling Jacob Marley from A Christmas Carol. I saw the chains in my mind’s eye, because the posture and plodding pace were both spot on.

But because I was just awake enough to know the Bob part wasn’t quite right, my brain superimposed an image of Bob Marley, hair and all, over top of the Jacob Marley and let’s just say I’m so glad I had just swallowed my mouthful of coffee because it would not have been pretty!

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Be safe if you’re traveling. Count and celebrate your blessings. It’s been a long year and you are allowed to enjoy your time of rest and yumminess. Savor more than the bites. You are so loved! 🥰😋🦃🍁🦥

No comments: