Saturday, March 04, 2006

The promised update

Ack! Just glanced at the clock & realized I should be doing dinner, but I promised this post so I'll have to hurry ;) Can't keep the fans waiting!

Some Carrie-isms:

"I want to go to Bob Evans in Pepe." -out of a clear blue sky she says this. Pepe is our car.

It took Care Bear three meals to finish half a Shake N Bake chicken breast. So the next meal I heat the other half for myself. We've also been telling her "it doesn't hurt to want" when she has temper tantrums about wanting things. So here's a random conversation of how she listens when she wants to:
Carrie-"You forgot your soup."
Me- "I'm having the chicken you didn't want."
Carrie- "Doesn't hurt to want!"

We've read and read and read Maurice Sendak's Chicken Soup With Rice and now she can recite passages; she's done this for some of you over the phone:

"In Mawch the wind bwows down my doow and spiws my soup up on the fwoow. It waps it up and WOAWS fow mowe... bwowing once, bwowing twice, bwowing kitchen soup wif wice!"

(In March the wind blows down my door and spills my soup upon the floor. It laps it up and roars for more. Blowing once, blowing twice, blowing chicken soup with rice.)

While she and Dada are watching golf on TV (I'm not kidding), I'm going to go make dinner. Have a great weekend. Hope you like the pictures! =)

No comments: