Monday, December 18, 2006

Mild weather:walk in the wagon::Macaroni and cheese:interior decoration

For those of you scratching your heads over the title, I know what you're thinking. Yes, macaroni and cheese is for eating. Macaroni is also used to make items of art such as necklaces or collages. If you are Liam the Destroyer, however, macaroni and cheese is a perfectly acceptable medium to use if you want to decorate the house at mealtime. At least, it is in his mind. I do have to confess that Carrie and I were both laughing too hard to stop him. I was a bad mom. He had a forkful of mac and cheese, and instead of eating it, he discovered he could flip his wrist and have it fly around the room to the delight of his sister. To my credit, I did at least turn my head and shake silently with laughter. I just couldn't help it. His gleeful face and Carrie's infectious laughter was just too funny. Plus, Triskal was more than happy to come in and clean up once lunch was over. Oh well.

The weather is really nice, so we did take a wagon ride this morning around the new street they've made in our neighborhood. I'm looking forward to spring and summer so that we can actually do many laps around it and get some miles in ;) I know, I know. It'll be a long wait. Gives me something to look forward to. The kids are actually quiet in the wagon! Bliss!

We played w/ play dough too, and read books, and used the Magna Doodle (which Liam has discovered. I think we've got another artist on our hands!), and a bunch of other toys this morning. Carrie closed herself in the bathroom to play her Elmo guitar in the dark. (It lights up.) Liam enjoyed sticking toys under our elevated dog dish holder and then tried to get them out the other side. We've been busy today! Now they're both down for naps and I need to go finish my list of all the things that need to happen before Christmas. Thank goodness Grandmama is coming tomorrow to help for a few days! Going to kidnap miss Rita before she heads off on her vacation and we'll get some shopping done and some playdates in with little miss Nina. Have a great day, everyone!

No comments: