Friday, May 04, 2007

"Nyeah!"

I have this beautiful friend, Tiffany, in my women's Bible study who makes me laugh. She reminds me of Al Reichenfeld in her mannerisms, energy level, etc. When she's making fun of herself for having a disagreement with God, she folds her arms, sticks out her tongue, and says, "Nyeah!" just like a little kid. It makes me laugh every time and I love the stories she tells about telling God how He should run her life. I wish she'd tell even more. I thought of her first thing this morning as I stole her line. Watch for it.

*Setting the scene. It's 8:10 AM on a sunny, beautiful Friday in May. I am in bed, enjoying the quiet. Actually, that's not true. Carrie blowing her nose woke me up... anyway...*

*tap tap tap... tap tap tap tap*
Me: (groan) Come on in.
Carrie: It's morningtime and the sun is up and it's time to get up 'cause I'm up.
Me: Nyeah! (thinking Yes, your Highness.)

I proceed to get up, tell her to look at books (there's a whole shelf for her in our bedroom that she doesn't usually get to see), and stagger towards the shower. She follows me instead, "no, I wanna see you naked!" (Me thinking It's gonna be a grrrrrrrrrrrrreat day.)

But hey, it's Friiiiiiiiiiiday! =D Enjoy the weekend everyone! And say a special praise that Susie, Manoj's mom, has been steadily making progress. She's improved enough that they've moved her to Columbus. Big yay for God! Keep checking her link on the left for more prayer requests. Thank you all for helping in her recovery!

No comments: