Sunday, October 28, 2007

Derelict

I have no idea if that's how it is spelled, but that's the word one of my real life heroes always used to describe the idiot of the moment ;) Today at church a lady was talking to Care Bear about Halloween and was asking what she'd dress up like. Carrie told her, "a policeman." The first words out of this lady's mouth, and I kid you not, were "oh, are you going to have a gun?"

...

Now why in the world would anyone ask a four year old about a gun? And why would that, even if it was your first thought, make it past the filter between your brain and your mouth? Is it just me, or does that lady deserve the Derelict badge today??? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh...

In other news, I told the ladies in Liam's nursery room at church that his birthday was this week and that he wouldn't be in their room anymore since he'd be headed into the 2's room. They told me he was not allowed to have a birthday and that he was staying in there forever. Glad to know one of our kids is a good kid! Hahahaha.

Have a great week, all. Happy Halloween in three days- yay! =D

2 comments:

Annmarie said...

Oh my goodness, people these days don't think. If Carrie had told the lady she was going to be a hippie would she have asked if Carrie was going to have some pot? I can't wait until Liam is big enough to have people say things like this to him. Although, he'll probably be like his daddy and have some snappy comment back! Val, what is Liam dressing up as? Our little Liam is a penguin - because I couldn't get the monkey costume that I wanted. Maybe next year! The penguin is super cute though. I'll be posting pictures soon!

Adrienne said...

What?! Who says that?! How rude! And at church?! Anyway, I can't wait to see pics of the lil munchkins at Halloween - please share! :)