Friday, October 26, 2007

Pictures, pictures everywhere

Today was Picture Day at Carrie's preschool. I asked her how she smiled for the camera and she said, "like this." It was kind of a silly face, typical Carrie, so I asked what the photographer said about it and she told me, "he said I looked ridiculous." I giggled and asked what Miss Linda said and she said, "same thing. She said I looked ridiculous too." Sooooooo, having no idea if that's fact or fiction, I guess we'll just wait and see how she smiled! What a nut.

Yesterday I took Liam to get his 2 year old pictures taken and they'll be done next month. Y'all are going to love them. He was pretty funny and very... shall we say, active. Hehe! The photographer said boys are always like that, so I didn't feel so bad. ;) They'll be worth it though! He's been calling pumpkins "mah-tees" and we're not sure why. I've painted my toenails orange and did jack-o-lantern faces on the two big ones. He made me take off my socks so he could see them again. He pulled one of my socks off, saying "piggies, piggies" and then he cooed "MAHHHH-TEEEEEEES" when he saw them. Then he insisted I show him the other one too. Silly boy. Gave him another fuzzy haircut tonight too... not quite as short as summertime, but cleaned up some. It was getting pretty long! He can even say "haircut"... his language skills have really taken off this week. Lots of two and three word phrases all of a sudden. I think he knows almost every color and a lot of shapes. Amazing how fast he's stringing things together! Such a fun age.

Pap is here to help with the basement, again. Last night Dada and I finished painting down there so it's a very light, cool, minty green. (Not as dark as the room at the Last Resort that was going to be Liam's room had we stayed there, PaPa.) Pap is going to help with the tile. None of us are sure how it's all going to look once we get the pattern going. Jim, come save us! ;)

Have a great weekend, everyone. We're off to Nina's tomorrow for her birthday party and I get to snuggle babies at church on Sunday. Rather easy weekend for us. If you're close to the Highlands, go help this weekend if you can. They're painting G1, I hear. Get in touch w/ Dawson or Caves if you need more info. Wish we could be there too!

No comments: