Saturday, August 01, 2009

Weekend with family

We have family here this weekend who are all headed to a wedding. Carrie's been walking around with Dada's uncle Leon, who is dressed and ready to go to the wedding. He's in his dress pants and dress shirt and dripped some diet Pepsi on his nice, clean shirt. He made a comment about spilling on his shirt and needing to look nice for the wedding. She asked him, "why do you even need to look nice for the wedding?" He told her, "my wife said I needed to." Then she said, "well, why do you have to listen to your wife?!" He came in and reported it to his wife and the rest of us, and the general consensus was that I had to get it on the blog right away. =)

She also has been on his case about smoking and found a cigarette butt that she declared was a "smoking mint", to the general merriment here.

She yelled at Leon because he was holding a cigarette. He said, "well, this one is for Doug." And she said, "well, put it out. He shouldn't be smoking either!"

She and Doug were building with blocks and he made some kind of suggestion. She informed him, "I know what I'm doing- I've been building for years."

I can't tell you how often this crew has been busting up in laughter over her this weekend!

1 comment:

Cilla said...

Too funny!! Miss you guys!