Saturday, October 17, 2009

Procrastination

The house is a complete disaster zone and I am procrastinating on cleaning. I already called my parents just to chat and now I'm blogging. I'm justifying it by saying that I can hear the washer isn't done with its load yet, so I don't need to get up quite yet either ;)

The last time my Mommee was here, she was reading to Carrie in our big rocking armchair. Carrie informed her, completely deadpan, "you bum is bigger than Mama's, I'm afraid." Lest you be horrified that I said that in public, I want you to know that she asked me to blog that! It's also on the quote board, so you'll have the joy of reviewing that quote at a later date. Mommee said that my Nana and Pap Pap both found it hilarious when she told them.

Happy 4th birthday to our Nina, Liam's betrothed. She had her birthday and her party yesterday, and everyone had a great time. She is such a princess. I'll have to see if Mama Rita has any pictures to share so I can post them here.

Liam is done with his swimming lessons at the Y and he loved them. He's signed up to start soccer two weeks from now, and he can't wait. It ought to be interesting! He'll be a VERY young 4, so I hope the coach doesn't mind having kids in her session who bodily throw themselves onto the ball. Oy. Like herding clouds.

I know a lot of you have had crazy, wet weather, and some of you have had snow. You can keep it! Today it is a beautiful, breezy, sunny morning although there is a freeze watch for tonight. Gotta remember to get my plants in.

Care Bear had her first spelling test yesterday and got a star AND a sticker on it. She spelled all 10 words right, and she's on track reading to us at least 4 nights a week for her Pizza Hut Book- It program. *beam* So proud of her. Gym is still her favorite. I'm still not sure she's my kid, sometimes ;)

Drat it all. The washer is done. Better get off my bum and get to work. Happy weekend, all!

1 comment:

JC said...

I learned to love reading b/c of the Book-It program! I think it was seeing all of the gold stars by my name on the chart rather than the pizzas. I called to see if they still ran the program when I started teaching and was so thrilled that they did... but no pizza huts in the city actually accepted the coupon. Blurg! This is why the illiteracy rate is so high here - unkind Pizza Huts. Why hasn't the mayor or school chancellor done anything about it? I should write them and let them know.