Thursday, April 01, 2010

Guilt

So I'm feeling a tad guilty because our dumptruck o dirt came today and I can't help shovel it out of the driveway...

Say what? Guess I better back up a little bit.

We decided that this was the year to have raised vegetable gardens. So poor Dada has spent lots of time in Home Depot and Lowe's buying wood and paving stones and stakes and today, our dumptruck o dirt arrived. There's a nice, big pile of compost and stuff and bags of peat moss and fluff and more stuff that all have proper names that I can't spell yet. And so I feel guilty for not being able to help. Yes, I realize I'm 30 weeks pregnant today and yes, I know I shouldn't be lifting, but STILL.

My consolation is that once Care Bear gets home from her last day of school before Easter vacation, she will be more than thrilled to "help" Dada shovel dirt. It's a bath night anyway.

I did, however, hang out kid laundry and kid sheets today. It's 75F here right now and as usual we have lots of wind. I figured it would be a waste of a day if I DIDN'T get them all out there. While I was folding the kid laundry, I noticed that every pair of underwear that girl has worn lately was a size 4T. The poor child will be seven years old next month and can still wear 4T underwear because she STILL has not grown a butt. Liam is already in 4T underwear, hehe!

Liam said something inappropriate this morning and I told him so. He informed me that it was "outappropriate", which I guess makes as much sense as anything else! That kid cracks me up every day.

I will be sure to get some photos of the kids "helping" in the creation of the gardens, as well as later when there are weeds to be pulled, etc. We've gone the whole nine yards- we have grow lights on the landing where I put the Christmas tree, there are bazillions of seedlings for peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and basil coming up, and we still have more planting and transplanting to do.

Happy Spring, happy Easter, and happy Spring break to everyone before you all scatter to the corners of the Earth. Be safe and be blessed!

No comments: