Friday, September 14, 2018

Another misty morning


We had a two hour delay due to fog today. It is kind of fizzing outside, as Liam likes to say. Happy Friday!


Naturally, I'm sitting here listening to Led Zeppelin's Misty Mountain Hop, which you can hear here if you so desire. I had nothing to do with it, just borrowed the link from YouTube. 

Anyway, misty mornings are fabulous for finding spider webs. There were various filters used on these photos, notably Vivid and Dramatic Cool, for visibility purposes. 




We have very industrious spiders. If only my children could take lessons, heh...

These are the lovely flowers PaPa planted for me. I had picked out perennial, shade loving, native plant seeds and he planted them for me... and then we had a torrential downpour in which the gutter overflowed and all my seeds washed into the pond. 


This pond.


You're saying, "that's not a pond. That's a jungle." While you are correct, don't judge. We rarely go in and out the front door and I forget about the pond (obviously) and should probably throw what we call mosquito donuts in. They're these donut shaped crisps (a bit denser than a Samoa from the Girl Scouts and minus the chocolate stripes, but that'll get you close enough) which knock off the mosquito larvae or whatever so you don't have bugs from the standing water. I can still hear the pond pump running, but it sounds asthmatic and I'm not sure that it isn't full of algae or baby lily pads. 

And then there's the back forty:





Lalaith Havens, signing off and wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!











No comments: