Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Midges and ermagersh!


Since it is still 80+ degrees in Ohio, I had ample opportunity to hang out our bedsheets and another load of laundry today. I kept getting bitten by tiny little gnats? Midges? Small winged insects of malicious or perhaps merely hungry intent at any rate. It made me think of Merry's lament as the Hobbits are slogging through the marshes, "what do they get when they can't get Hobbit?"

Me, Merry. They get me.

BUT this blog is not all about just me, so here's one that you're going to hope I made up. I assure you, I am just as flabbergasted and revolted as you are and I really don't know how to articulate it. So I'm just gonna say it.

Liam was playing the euphonium.

In the bathroom.

😑

That's the only face I can imagine making, unless perhaps embellishing a bit by adding a hand across the forehead...

Granted, bathroom acoustics are fantastic. Yes, he was told to practice. My father right now is thanking his lucky stars that one cannot haul a piano into a bathroom. 

There just aren't words. Except that I have learned one thing. The answer to Captain Jack Sparrow's inquiry of "why is the rum always gone?" 

That would be "because there are children."

No comments: