Thursday, June 27, 2019

Bogota photos

Here are some about-town photos. I'm sorry I don't have better labels of what buildings are or which streets we were on or anything, but it'll give you a taste of how varied and colorful the sights were. I am a big fan of street art and graffiti, so you'll notice samples of both. I wish I'd gotten some of the multiple stories high mural headshots of women with their long necks, big earrings, hair, and backgrounds, but as we were often in a moving vehicle I didn't get the chance. Had we walked past any I'd have taken a million pictures!



Why wouldn't there be bagpipes in the middle of the street?





We were told that generally the higher the apartments got, the more expensive because you'd be paying for the view. It was interesting to see how the closer the buildings marched  to the mountains, the taller they got. Then behind them and even higher up would be all these colorful small homes. I loved the variety and the color everywhere. Bogota is impressive to me in that it has 3200 "pocket parks" spread throughout the city. They're trying to combat the pollution from 9 million people living together and at the same time offering green places to get away for a bit. Everywhere we saw people playing with their dogs, kicking soccer balls around, playing field hockey, walking, sitting, rejuvenating. It was delightful!   





Dada and his street vendors, haha. He can't resist an auction, estate sale, flea market... we didn't purchase any of the leather goods from this particular vendor, but on the left is our new friend Jorge who hails from Mexico and came to Bogota for the training Dada was giving. We had a great time getting to know him and were extra thankful for his fluent Spanish, haha. 


No comments: