Friday, September 27, 2019

Clinging to summertime



If you're familiar with weather in Ohio, you're aware that there can be 30 degree differences in a day. Last night the low was predicted to be 48 while today's high is to be 84 with temps only making it back down to 70 tonight. That means the kids begin to freeze at the bus stop in the morning while determinedly wearing shorts and sandals that they know they'll want to be doing recess in. Layers, layers, layers.

However, the afternoons have been just about perfect, so we sneaked in some R&R this weekend.


Someone hijacked my hammock. I spent a little bit of time fully equipped to stay for an extended period, but the middle child took advantage of a "move your feet, lose your seat" moment and I didn't have the heart to bump him back out when I saw him cocooned in, bookworming. I brought out snacks instead.


A smaller boy was in and out of his own hammock like a bumblebee dipping in and out of blossoms, therefore I didn't snag any photos of him. I loved that they were both reading and in the fresh air instead of on screens under artificial light. It's already getting dark seemingly much earlier, so I hope to take advantage of every drop of sun that fall bestows on us!

No comments: