Wednesday, September 23, 2020

A Grave Tactical Error

 School has begun, more about that later, so we are more appreciative of our time off and weekends these days. The kids are pretty much glued to their respective computers for school work as everyone is remote learning right now. So last weekend we naturally watched some movies. Feel free to insert an eye roll here. 

Our unanimous agreement is that the Never-ending Story II doesn't hold a candle to the original. I found it hilarious that the same actor who is the voice of Falkor and the Narrator and the Rockbiter in the original is the same guy who voices Skeletor from He-Man. There's your trivia for today. You're welcome.

However, that wasn't our biggest mistake of the weekend. Upon scrolling through Netflix, we discovered that Monty Python (and I've already lost some of you to the one-liners floating through your minds) and the Holy Grail is A) on Netflix, haha, and B) rated PG. 

My disclaimer is that I had previously only ever watched it once, and it was on a college choir tour bus so I couldn't hear it well. That's my defense, your Honor. I'd never felt the need to watch it as all the high school boys I knew had been quoting it for forever; I didn't feel as though I'd missed any of it.

Well. There's something to be said for actually watching it, paying attention, AND having the subtitles on. Oh my.

Some of you, my brother for instance, jumped straight to that dialogue which I shall skip as my parents read this and I don't think they've ever seen or desire to see the movie. Thankfully, Thing 2 wrinkled his nose and it went over Thing 1's head completely. He found the girls desiring to be spanked hilarious. Insert some more eye rolls.

Unsurprisingly, Thing 2's favorite line was... I'll let you guess. Something to do with gas and someone's general direction.

Thing 3 almost busted a gut where the illustrator/narrator/whatever had a heart attack and immediately died, falling off his chair backwards. At several points he declared the movie "dumb" yet stuck around and proclaimed it "the best movie ever." Oh dear. Bear in mind we watched most of the Marvel movies this summer...

Don't mind us. We're just over here bird watching, musing about swallows and not dying of flesh wounds...


No comments: