Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Birds of a feather


I may or may not have had a little extra fun while baking our pumpkin pie. I cracked my second egg to discover twins!



I learned (again) that you can't count on generic pie crusts claiming to be deep dish to actually be deep dish and thus had to pour my extra into a container for tarts. Word online is that Marie Callendar is the way to go for frozen deep dish crusts. Next year!

Dada put his early Christmas present to good use and smoked our turkey in his new smoker. He picked a humungous bird and it was just We5, so yes, we have plenty of leftovers for omlettes and soup and everything yummy. For his first attempt, I'd give it 5 stars! 






We even got a run accomplished while the turkey did its thing in the smoker. Yes, you read that right. As of two days ago, I have run 9 times in 2020. So of course the December challenge through my fitness tracker app is like 150 miles for the month, and yesterday it snowed. Did I mention we have no treadmill? So if you see me running around like Mr. Bird, above, with my head cut off, just muse, "oh yes, she's getting her steps in," and carry on.

PS Feel free to send yummy smoked meat recipes our way!



 

No comments: