Tuesday, October 12, 2021

A dose of hilarity

 A lot of you have probably heard a version of Ephesians 6:4 where it reminds, "Fathers, don't frustrate your children with no-win scenarios. Take them by the hand and lead them in the way of the Master." Some versions read, "don't provoke your children to anger" or "do not exasperate your children". However, in our household, and perhaps in yours, math homework and test prep are cause for exasperation on the parts of all parties involved (and some of us who are innocent bystanders, as meltdowns tend to spill over into aftermath- haha, I wasn't even trying!) 

At one point, Dada declared that all fractions needed simplified, forever. As Damon protested that, "we don't have to do that!!!!!" Dada informed him that, yes, he did, unless we received a signed note from his teacher saying otherwise.

Imagine my snorted giggles when I opened Damon's folder to find this!


***

The entire reason I bought the calendar. I've been waiting for this month all year.


***

Truthfully, these pajamas apply to more People That I Live With than the child shown, but they fit him well enough that he got to model. He's doing a PaPa face, I think, though I see some of my  Uncle Jeff in there, too. Child needs a keeper. Can't keep track of his belongings and paperwork for nothin'! At least he doesn't have to simplify fractions. 


No comments: