Friday, January 07, 2022

A snippet of Christmas

I know. It's strange to look back instead of forward, but some of my photos have to go somewhere lest these library trips spent organizing them go to waste. 

Our stockings and the Leons, haha


I blame some Girlfriends. You know who you are.


Nobody makes sugar cookies like Thing One. Still. Forever.


After a small misreading of dates on my part, we did all end up in church clothes and at the appropriate service at the right building at the right time and even on the right day.
 
However, as Aragorn declares, "that is not this day," as you can tell by the number of people in pajamas. My apologies to my more polished family members; I just didn't have the fight left in me to get everyone back into them when they weren't thrilled about their sacrifice in the first place. Can you hear me rolling my eyes? I hope so.


Anyway, we hope that you have managed to take some of the sparkle and magic and love (and not just the pounds) of the holidays into the New Year with you. 

If this year is hard, or you feel like you're at a breaking point, please let us know. We'd love to help. We have room, ears to listen and shoulders to lean on. 

And a new cookie jar. Thanks, Grandmama and PaPa! The Honey Bear knocked our cookie bear off the counter and polished off all the freshly made almond crescents. All of them. The cookie bear had been given to us by Lisa's Grammy way back during our baby shower for the firstborn. Got that kid into adulthood, so well done, good and faithful servant, but man, we will miss you and your distinctive opening sounds that were a dead giveway of sneakage to mom ears. Out with the old and in with the new. RIP Cookie Bear 2003-2022.

 

No comments: