Saturday, November 12, 2022

Something's amiss

 I have a sassafras tree! He's almost naked, but I was completely surprised at finding one as we don't have any big ones on our property and I haven't the slightest idea where he came from. Then I discovered two more and I'm so excited! Yay for baby trees!


So first of all, I thought the picture below was garlic. In my defense, it was in a text sent to my cell phone so it was small. Upon discovering that it was A) a keychain and B) what it was (read the tag for yourself. I'm not even going to type that), my questions are C) who the heck harvests those and turns them into keychains and D) who buys them!?


Around here, we call this The PaPa broom. It hangs out on the deck, is used to sweep as many leaves as possible off the roof before the unfortunate soul who cleans the gutters gets up the ladder to finish the job, and then sends the drifts of leaves out into the yard, invariably onto the dogs who have not enough sense to move out of the way. Either of them. No joke. 
It's a PaPa broom because PaPa has had tons of these throughout my lifespan. He uses them until there are practically no bristles left, then I get the handles to prop plants up in the garden. When things die off, it looks like I'm growing a patch of brooms!


Dada said his shirt has seen better days. It reminded me of the swimsuit that Muggin tossed at the end of our Mexico trip last December, and the cheap orange purse I'd taken on the same trip that also ended up in the trash can. The orange outer layer of material was peeling off and shedding all over creation. Muggin said she'd had one that did the same thing. What have you ditched on a vacation?


No comments: