Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Adios to Barcelona

 Dada got to spend two weeks in Barcelona last month. You're only hearing about it now because I forget that I have a blog. Also, I generally don't post about trips until after the traveler is home safely. He came bearing gifts:


I'm sure they did do some work, but most of I got were food pictures. 


He tried to convince me that he was having "salad."


His flight home was via Paris, so some other goodies came home as well.


And cake. 


He and his coworkers got to go to Monserrat for mass. He was even there during St. Jordi day, or St. George (and the dragon) so it was extra meaningful to be able to have this picture, too. Apparently St. Jordi day traditionally was celebrated by giving roses to women and presenting men with books, so out in the city were stalls of flower vendors and books out on tables. Sounds exactly like it would become one of my favorite holidays! Why don't we give books and flowers to each other!?






And more food. 



Dada was absolutely delighted that they had time to sign up for a how to cook paella class. He said the pan below served twelve, and he told me there were people in the class from all over the world. He had a ball!



He'd mentioned tapas for dinner on more than one occasion. Then I receive the above picture. 
"You keep using that word. I don't think that's what the word means." - Inigo Montoya in "The Princess Bride"

Nor does it count for the photo below! A coworker ordered this, so at least he's off the hook for that one.


Walking off the "tapas" and seeing some sights...


In his defense, he was there for two weeks and there were lots of things to try and places to check out!


More paella. My friend Mar eats the eyes off of the smiley Eat N Park cookies first so they can't see her eating them... I wonder what she'd say to having the creepy crawlies staring at her in this dish. *shudder*


They even attended a soccer match and enjoyed all that high energy. I'm so glad they weren't stuck in the hotel the whole time they were there. Trips are so much better when you can get out and do real life!


Macrons from the Paris airport. I guess I'm too American and am used to sugar in everything, but they didn't really do much for me. They're lovely to look at and would be fun to make, but I don't particularly care for cookies that taste like lily of the valley. We're afraid to try the blue one- Marie Antionette tea! Some of the fruity ones were not bad. They're just not my thing, I guess. They weren't tapas. ;)




No comments: