Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Labor Day weekend 2005

Dada had to work this weekend and when he got home we washed Pepe the Pilot. Carrie was soaked from the shoulders down because she "helped" so much. She even had suds in her hair! She also tried to scrub the driveway, the grass, us...

It was a nice, hot weekend. She likes to tell everyone, "nice day but hot" and sometimes will argue, "no! Nice day!" when you ask if she thinks it's hot. Apparently she also has some desert blood in her since the heat doesn't seem to bother her at all. Wonder what she'll do in the snow in Toledo..... hmmmmm!

Yesterday the Severes & the Somervilles came over for picnic action, bubble blowing, "Finding Nemo", Kerplunk, and Hide & Seek. It was a great time. Really going to miss all those guys when we're friendless in Northwest Ohio. Carrie & Mika had a wonderful time playing Ring Around the Rosy w/ the big kids (Mika's siblings) and Carrie loved the fall down part. She'd laugh & laugh, and has since been spinning around, falling down & making me sing the words. Wish she had some older siblings! Might have to rent some Somerville kids on a regular basis! ;)

I asked her what color she wanted her toenails to be next time and she's told me, "lellow, peenk, lellow, peenk" which I guess means she wants to alternate them like I do sometimes. We'll probably do that later this afternoon, if I can convince her that I am the one to do the painting and not her, as she was insisting this morning. Tonight is Ladies' Night Out, so I have a feeling she & Dada will be baking Pillsbury cookies while I'm not around to supervise.

Tomorrow is my next dr. appt so I'm packing her crayons to keep her entertained (even though she'll just want to jump off the scale over & over again) & hoping my little Asian dr. doesn't fall over when I tell him we're moving. "Yes, I realize my due date is 2 months away. No, I don't know our exact move date. Here, can you fax this to my doctor from two moves ago?" Should be entertaining! Have a great week!

3 comments:

mamatulip said...

Your daughter is really cute, and much more photogenic than mine. :)

Val said...

Thank you! She must have read your post about not eating dinner too, because we had that battle last night!

mamatulip said...

Well it's nice to know I'm not alone. Julia didn't eat any of her dinner tonight, either. I told her that Mummy and Daddy were going to have to call Jenny Craig soon, because we're gettin' chunky from eating the dinner she won't touch. LOL.