Friday, November 11, 2005

We fell off Earth

Well okay, not really. We did move from Illinois to Ohio, had a week to put our stuff together (or at least corral the boxes), and had a baby! Here's the teaser entry. I'm pretty tired, so all the details and backtracking will wait until the next few entries. This is just to get you faithful readers through the weekend ;)

The abridged version: our IL stuff was packed up Oct. 19, loaded onto a truck the 20th, delivered to our house the 25th. The 24th I'd had my first OB-GYN appt in Ohio and was told I was 2 cms dilated already. She asked if I wanted her to "get things going" to which I replied w/ a horrified, "No! Our stuff is still on the truck!"

Liam Andrew was born 21 minutes into Halloween (Oct. 31), weighing in at 7 lbs, 8 oz and 21 inches long. He's a super kid- really mellow (thank you, Jesus) unless he's starving or needing to poop. Care Bear has been awesome taking everything in stride. Like Grandmama says, "she probably just figures he came w/ the new house!" She gives him gentle kisses and reassures him when he yells.*

Tomorrow I'll spend more time on here. Just wanted y'all to know he had his first checkup today and is already 8 lbs, still 21 inches. The doctor was thrilled w/ him and his big sister, and said it was nice to see lean, healthy kids. We in turn were very impressed w/ the Dr and his staff. So far, so good! Have a great night, all =)

* I do have a handwritten list of more Carrie-isms that I'll try to remember to get published tomorrow. I know how much you readers get a kick out of them. Her reassurance one is along the lines of "aww wite, baby Lamb" which is usually how Liam comes out. Sometimes it's Yam. Hehe!

No comments: