Thursday, December 01, 2005

Conversations and captured moments

Sorry it's been so long between posts. I figured I better pop a Blue video in and blog or my faithful readers would be showing up to clamor on our doorstep! Also some more pictures to appease the masses. Hehe! =) Thanks for being so patient. The computer is on the bottom level of our 3 storey house; the kids & I stay mainly on the middle one. But right now they're both content so I'm gonna make hay...

Here are some conversations with Carrie recently:
Background: Carrie spots a long, slender paper bag from the kitchen store containing a new spaghetti fork. She proceeds to sneak it off the table, still in the bag.
Carrie: I 'teal Mama's napkin.
Mama: That's not my napkin. It's a present.
C: A pwesant fo' me?
M: No, a present for the kitchen.
C: You mean dat? *points to kitchen*
M: Yep!
C: Pwesant fo' feedg? (fridge)

M: *laughing* No, not for fridge.
C: for beep et ding?
M: *Laughing harder, realizing she means stove and microwave* No..
C: *opens it* Ohh! Bwush! *proceeds to brush her hair with it, Ariel style* Dat's a 'taw, Mom! *plays air guitar on it*
=)

Care Bear to Liam: Wan' yo' guckie on da piwwo? (Want your duckie on the pillow?)

Carriese for "remember?" = me-map-ooh?

And my favorite so far: Carrie & Dada were playing Hide & Seek on Sunday morning...

Carrie counting: eight, nine, ten, e-weven, eight...

Carrie is hiding in the bathroom, just off the kitchen. Dada told me later that she was wedged between the wall and the toilet, facing the wall.
Dada: Is she in the kitchen?
C: No.
D: Well, I've got the helpful voice from the bathroom... is she in the garbage can?
C: No. In da bathroom!
(the game continues)
D:Where's Carrie?
C: *whispering* wite hewe! (right here)
D: Where's Carrie?
C: BOO!
(more game, Dada hiding now)
C: *grinning* Dada, wite dere! (point blank to Dada, hiding behind the chair) BOO!
D: *laughing uncontrollably* Aww geez!

I think I ought to mention that I was nursing the whole time this was going on, and that I was laughing so hard that I cried. I had to wipe my tears out of one of Liam's ears, poor kid. Dada said that when she did hide in the kitchen, she'd opened two cupboards but hadn't climbed in. She sat w/ her back to the frame, had her face & legs sticking straight out, and closed the cupboards around her arms!

Liam's next doctor's appointment is tomorrow, so we'll see how much he's weighing these days. He's doing pretty well- not sleeping as long as I'd like, but as sleeping is one of my favorite activities once it gets chilly, I can't complain. He's healthy and mellow and adorable. Maybe I'm biased ;)

Hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving. Ours was great! We had the entire Kurth clan together along w/ Pa Pa and Grandmama. Carrie thrived on the attention & everyone enjoyed meeting "Baby Lamb", as Carrie calls him. Wonder what craziness Christmas will bring!

Almost lunchtime. Gotta wade through my emails quick. Love you all... have a good weekend!

No comments: