Friday, December 02, 2005

Secrets and Scissors

Little Miss Care Bear has quite the eye. While flipping through the Christmas Victoria's Secret catalog, she finds a blonde in jammies and bare feet and declares, "Dere's Wisa. Wite dewe!" which translates into "There's Lisa. Right there!" She proceeded to flip through the rest of the magazine & point out "Lisa" every time she found that model. Of course we called Aunt Lisa right away & told her that she's in the Victoria's Secret catalog! Muahahaha ;) (Sorry, Lisa, was too good not to share!) =D

I can't believe I forgot to mention another aspect of Hide & Seek (see previous post). The Seeker would stand inside the closet to count. One time while Scott was the Seeker, Carrie sneaks in there beside him with, "I'm coming too!" Scott starts laughing & says, "this will be a quick round!" So there he is, counting to 20. There she is, "hiding", and helping him count to 20. Too funny!

Yesterday I took a shower while Liam was asleep in his cradle* in our bedroom and Carrie opened another big sister gift (thanks to all of you who think to do that!) in the bathroom. It's a Little People car that keeps her entertained the whole time I'm showering. So today we take the car into the bathroom again, and I tell her she can play w/ my hairbrush and the scale, too. So three things, right? I hop in and then hear, "I cutting my hair, Mama" to which I mistakenly comment, "oh yes, combing your hair with the hairbrush." She says, "no, Mama" and opens the shower door. The stinkwad had found a tiny pair of gauze cutting scissors! Guess whose Dada is installing child locks on the bathroom drawers this weekend after all. Doesn't look like she had them long enough to do any damage... not sure she knows how to work them at any rate... but I almost said Sweet Indian. I confiscate them quickly, remind her what three things she's allowed to play with, peek out again and see her under the sink pulling out the new conditioners, body washes, etc. Grrrrrr! "Put those back! What are you allowed to play with?" We review again. Next time I peek out, she has spread out my nursing pads all over the floor like she's gonna start a game of Twister or something. @#O%&(*#_%(*#&%_&%# Oh well. At least she can't hurt herself w/ those. "Can you put all those in one pile, please? As soon as I'm done in here we're going to watch Blue." Ahh, bribery. How the mighty have fallen ;)

The moral of the story is, incredible kudos to all those parents out there who manage to stay clean and sane with more than one child. You know who you are. And I can see my Girlfriends grinning sympathetically and I'm sure I'll be getting a phone call from at least one of them who will be trying hard not to smirk as she says, "now you understand." I love you, girls! Hehe!

The best news of the day (besides hearing that my oldest friend is a model in the Victoria's Secret catalog. Sorry! I'll stop now! *giggle*) is that Dada is in Ohio already after his week in Indiana. He's picking up lunch to bring to us. YAY! Have a super weekend, everyone! =)

*The cradle was handmade by Pap Kurth. And this PS is mostly for him. The other night I was just watching Liam in there. He was awake, not fussing, just running his hand back and forth along the wood and I could swear he was thinking, "mighty fine workmanship." Made me giggle and I wanted to remember to let you know he appreciates it! Hehe! =)

No comments: