Saturday, January 07, 2006

Carrieisms for the New Year

We've been reading her new Cinderella book from aunt Becky... she calls her Cindobella. =)

I came across one of her funny conversations I'd scrawled down that never made it downstairs:
Carrie: We *mumblemumble (something with an "s")*
Me: We suffered?
Carrie acts it out.
Me: OHHHHH! We SHOVELED! Yes.
(In my defense, shoveling is suffering sometimes...)

Looking forward to Two being over. She had quite the temper tantrum yesterday. I ended up going for a walk outside in the frigidness once Dada got home just so I could not be in the same house with her for awhile. I talked to Wendy this morning and we commiserated about the girls Being Two. Wonder if there's a book about that yet. We also discussed electric fence type ideas for childrens' beds and those collars that train dogs not to bark- there's gotta be some way to adapt that for when screaming toddlers reach a certain decibel level that it would automatically mute them, too. I'm quite sure there's a market for these products... and quit laughing or acting horrified. Not like parents haven't been thinking that since the beginning of time! As Robert Fulghum would say, "I know what I know." Anyway, as Dada and I lay in bed discussing these options, we hear a small voice ask us, "whatchoo talking about?" Um... just child abuse, perhaps? Eep...

As Dada headed into the bathroom yesterday w/ a book, Carrie called to him, "not wif Mama's booooooooook!" She'd be an excellent enforcer of the no-books-in-the-restroom decrees in bookstores. Hehe!

Not really anything else to say. I'm sure I'll think of something as soon as I log off. I do have some pictures of Liam to post but I don't have them ready yet. Sorry to disappoint. Just taking it easy today.

And YAY, JoePa! Nice win in triple overtime. And yes, my husband is watching the Ohio State vs. Notre Dame game, again, on ESPN Classic. Oy vey. Which reminds me of another Carrie quote. "Boys." <---accompanied by the appropriate eye-rolling. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

The Gombas Clan said...

Ummmmmmm, where can I get one of those electric collars for toddlers? ;)They would sell for sure!
Love ya!

Mary Alice said...

We watch A LOT of SportsCenter.