Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there. Thanks for doing the jobs you do! =)

We've had Pa Pa visiting with us since Thursday. So fun! We took him to the zoo on Friday and have been out to eat a good bit. We took him to church with us today, too. Last night we stayed up late and went to Target & Mr. Freeze... wish I'd had the camera with me because Carrie was hilarious with her ice cream cone. For any of you who visit us this summer, make sure you get BABY cones in this heat. We were all messy and got a few bugbites, too. And Lisa, we found the first Fred of the summer! He proved to be most elusive, though. =(

Before Pa Pa came we had Scissors, Episodes 1 and 2. Yes, everyone is fine. So is our hair. Episode 1 consisted of Care Bear obtaining scissors at a neighbor's garage sale somehow. She snipped all the vertical slats in their lawn chairs before Dada or I noticed. Bad parents, bad parents!

The very next day, I put her down for her break and went to get Liam down for his. As I'm putting him down, I hear *click* and her door opens. She sneaks downstairs. I get her back upstairs and into her room. He's fussing, so I finally get him straightened out and settled down. I laid down for one hour. When I got up, I notice her door is open and I check her bed- no Carrie. Her pillow and bed aren't even warm. Greaaaaaaaaaaat. She's in the kitchen when I get downstairs and she promptly tells on herself, "I cut with the scissows."
"What did you cut? Did you cut anything?"
"I show you." *Begins leading me around the house.* "I cut the cuwtains." *she shows me the new curtains, one small snip in each* "I TWIED to cut Lamb's changing pad. I cut Twiskaw's sheet. I cut this (her coloring book) and I cut Dada's book (The Lord of the Rings- title page, three small snips in various places)" There was minimal damage, but I'm silently laughing hysterically as I walk around behind her- I just can't believe it. And she's telling on herself. Hilarious. *I do not want any emails telling me to be more careful. I know already!* We had a big talk about "if you see scissors on the kitchen counter, you leave them be. If you see scissors on the floor, you leave them be. If you see scissors on a bed, you leave them be. If you see scissors, etc." The highlight is that she also tells me, "I twied to climb up and get the owange ones." as if she needed TWO pairs. Grrrrr. For those of you who were wondering, yes, they were adult scissors and they were on the kitchen table. Lesson learned.

And the story of today: Pa Pa asks her "why do you do things your mommy tells you not to do?"
Carrie: "Because Mama tells me not to!"

What can you say to that? =/

Have a great week, all! Signing off while I still have some sanity......

4 comments:

Mary Alice said...

OK, as I tell my students, "Life is about learning lessons." "It is only bad if you didn't learn anything..." and in your case, if no one got hurt. Thanks for being open about your kids! ;)

Noj said...

Great post Val. Thanks for keeping us all updated. Make sure you include embarrassing stories about Scott so that Renner and I have something to laugh about! Hey, are Rita and Nina new Indian friends? Have I been replaced??:)

Noj said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Val said...

Thanks for the comments, guys. I get so excited to see them on here! No, you haven't been replaced, although you DID promise to come in the Spring and now you're LATE! =P Better get out here quick before Care Bear forgets who you are ;) You too, MAS. Tell Rah Rah to play hooky or something! Hehe =D Love you guys!