Friday, June 09, 2006

Xylophones and notes

Here's what appears to be becoming my weekly post. Hehe! I take a ton of pictures during the week and then when I do blog, I end up saying, "UGH!" because I always feel behind. I guess I should just quit apologizing. It's the way it's going to be with no end in sight, I'm afraid...

Just everyday pictures of everyday stuff. No big trips lately, though we have joined the Y. Care Bear starts ballet lessons on the 19th and she is so excited. I don't know what she'll do once we get the shoes and the leotard. I think we'll have our own Angelina Ballerina http://www.angelinaballerina.com/usa/home.html on our hands. Or our own Prima Donna. Oh wait, she's already been that- for years! =P Heh.

Dada: So what're we gonna do at the Y, Carrie?
Carrie: Ummmmmm, I fink we'll play in the boxes.
(In her defense, along the windows facing the Y pool are big wooden busy boxes with the beads you slide along the tracks, letters that flip over, etc. But it sounded so funny!)

This conversation you'll appreciate more if you've read any of Terry Pratchett's books featuring Granny Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg. They talk about "thinking like a witch". Those of you who've read them will understand exactly which part I'm referring to, but for the rest of you, I'll just put in an * so you'll know to broaden your thought process in the right spot. Hehe!

Mama: In an hour we have to go get Dada and take him to the Y.
Carrie: And get glasses. For my eyes. And over my ears, too.
Mama: * Oh, no, honey, we signed up for classes. Not glasses. Classes so you can learn ballet like Angelina Ballerina. Classes like school, not like glasses for your eyes.

(There was some more dialogue but she kept going and my scribe couldn't keep up)

It continued:
Carrie: And then we're gonna get married. At the Y.
Mama: (who was doing so well and now is completely lost) What're you talking about?
Carrie: Getting married. I'm gonna marry you.
Mama: I'm already married to Dada. Who are you going to marry?
Carrie: What?
(blink blink)

And you can skip straight to the picture section unless you're a mom.
For Moms Only Section
Carrie, with her mouth full: Will Dada go for a walk wif me?
Mama: Stop eating... er... stop chewing... er... stop talking with food in your mouth is what I'm trying to say! *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Enjoy the photos and have a wonderful weekend! =D

No comments: