Friday, July 07, 2006

Care Bear Communicates

Funny story before I forget. I wasn't here for this. Since the Scissors Episodes, we've had a childproof doorknob on the inside of her bedroom door. Dada related the story to me:

He's putting her to bed last night and she repeatedly tells him the same thing. She doesn't want somethingsomethingsomething. He's just not getting it. "You don't want what?" She doesn't want somethingsomethingsomething anymore. Finally she gets out of bed and takes off one of the knobs on her bedpost. (The screws holding them in have long been stripped, so this is no big deal.) "White!" she says as she waves it in front of him. Dada says, "aha! White what?" She runs to the door and taps the doorknob. "Doorknob!" The light goes on. "Ohhhh, the white doorknob." Yes. She doesn't want the white doorknob on anymore. Hehehehehe. She tried to get me to take it off the night before, to which I replied (rather gleefully, I must admit) "No, you get the white doorknob now... because you're three!"

He said she would wave the bedpost *wavewavewave* and then tap the doorknob *taptaptap* "White doorknob. White doorknob."

Anything to get her point across. This kid has a future in translation, methinks. Tatonka! ;) (Anyone who knows what that's from gets bonus points. Hehe!)

Off to play Thursday Thoughts on Meredith's blog, This Runner's World; only a day behind! Yay! =D

Thanks to Rob & Jana for coming to play w/ us this week. And safe travels to Bob & Lisa who're coming out for the weekend! Yippie! Visitors! =D


3 comments:

wendyneric said...

You might want to rethink your "who're"!!! :) :) HA HA HA HA

I got a good laugh.....thanks I needed it!

LOVE the white doorknob story. I can just see her face! Like "duh dad!" white doorknob....what do you think I don't want?????......

Dave said...

It's from Dances With Wolves. (Though I've never seen it...)

Now gimme my bonus points!

Val said...

Very good, Dave! You win the bonus points! =D Whoohooo! It means "buffalo" in the movie =)