Monday, July 03, 2006

Ugh

Happy Fourth of July weekend! =)

The Ugh in the title is because we've had major computer issues lately. One died. Completely. It caught a Trojan horse or something and made a complete mess of things, so it's been in & out of Dada's workplace while it gets cleaned up and files saved and all that nonsense. The other computer has been hooked up but, alas, has decided it doesn't know how to read our ScanDisk doohickey in spite of our best efforts to teach it. The long story short: I don't know how to do pictures now.

I know. I'm sorry.

We'll try to figure out if Dada's laptop can help in the meantime, but I knew that I better at least get some words/funny stories posted before there was a Reader Riot. One faithful reader already Busted My Chops this morning ;) (You know who you are. I don't need to name names!)

So. This morning was Care Bear's third ballet class and since Dada is off from work today we all went to the Y. He and I decided to walk around the track which is upstairs. There are windows looking down from the fitness center where the track is into the pool and the classrooms. Sure enough, we were spotted by our small ballerina. Hehe! They were doing something with beach balls in class today too... I think it was sort of a landmark for them. "You hold your arms up like this and step around your beach ball in a circle like this." Obstacle course! Haha. So we snuck some peeks while we walked our mile. Looked like she was enjoying herself. There were only 4 little girls in class today because of the holiday weekend.

Liam is still grinning with just two bottom teeth and has decided that he does indeed like pears and oatmeal mixed together. He's not very fond of peas. In fact, peas are considered a setback to the progress of the oatmeal and pears. Boys. ;) Sadly, the pears and oatmeal are also reflected in the diapers (gotta love toddler poop. Hey, this is a KID-based website. Like that topic is not going to get covered. Everything else gets discussed! I'm not apologizing. Pbbbbbbbbt. Hehe!) which are getting stinkier and grosser. Another Ugh ;) He's still not crawling but that's fine with me. Carrie and Triskal keep me busy enough.

We had our new neighbor friends over for dinner (Lee, Rita, Nina) Friday night. Liam was very excited to have a playdate with Nina even though she's waving, clapping, and crawling and he's not. He fell asleep in his high chair and her parents said, "ohhhhhhhh, look, Nina! Why can't you do that!?" She is a mover & a shaker... just about the cutest thing ever! I'm so glad he has a fun friend like her to play with! And I'm glad to be making some good friends here too =D

What did we do Saturday? Hmm. We did church yesterday... Rob & Jana will be coming Tuesday. The fireworks are tonight & we're trying to decide what we want to do about them. Watch from the backyard? Park at the Y? Go to bed? Ha! Dada is off tomorrow too- yay!

Not sure what else to say since I didn't take any notes this week on funny things. I did take pictures though, so as soon as we figure out what's going on w/ this crazy computer we'll get them on. Wendy's updated her site, so be sure to pop over & visit The Olson Bunch under Links at the left there. Have a great, safe holiday! Thanks for checking in!

(And a totally non-kid-related question, but have any of you ladies out there found any good waxing kits? I am so sick of shaving =/ *sigh* Lemme know if you have any info at all! Thanks!)

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I do the professional waxing, but only the eyebrows. And it hurts, but well worth the money. I don't know about anywhere else and I'm not going to find out. I'll stick with the shaving.

Noj said...

Have you used candle wax? That might be cheaper, but I can definetly say car wax will not help but will sure make your legs shine. This is just big bro Mo trying to help...
(PS. I'll be calling soon, Uncle Dave and Big Bro Mo want to make a visit)!!!