Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mishmash

Today was kinda overcast and it turned out to be a great day for playgroup. We went to a playground, (pictures below) and the kids got to run around all morning and not end up overheated. It was a nice change. I think the pictures came out better too. You can decide for yourself.

PaPa got out our Wienermobile placemats while he was here. Tonight Carrie asked if people slept in there and I gave Dino's standard answer: it's not a Wienie-bago. She says, "it's not a wiggy bagel?" So Dino, wherever you are, I tried. I really, really tried. I wish you were here to talk about it with her. She then informed me, "we have one, downstairs. It's squishy!" And she's right. She's talking about the Beanie Baby Weinermobile, also from Dino, that we have in the basement. Wish I knew where I put my Weinerwhistles. And darn it, is it i-e or e-i in weiner? They both look funny! =/

It gets better. PaPa has also taught her that eating crusts give you curly hair. That leads to a lot of musings about Grandmama's squiggly hair, as you can imagine. Tonight while tucking her in, some of my hair escaped from my ponytail and curled around by my ears. She starts to smile and says, " you have a twisty!" I give her a few seconds and sure enough, "you must be eating your crusts!" I said that I sure am. A few more seconds of smiles goes by and she laughs & says, "you're going to look just like Grandmama!" We had a good laugh about that one. I told her how smart she is and that she's probably right...

And Grandmama gets to come play with us tomorrow! We're very excited. I also promised Carrie a haircut in a real haircutting place. She keeps begging me to cut her hair like I buzz Liam and Dada's. So here's hoping that whoever does her can figure out a cute, supershort cut for Care Bear! I'll try to remember to get before and after shots.

Enjoy the pictures and have a great rest of the week!

No comments: