Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Um...?

I picked Care Bear up from preschool and gave her a kiss and told her she smelled like yogurt. She always asks, "what did you do while I was at preschool?" and that starts off our discussion on the way home. I told her Liam and I had Goldfish for snack. I asked her what she had for snack at preschool and she told me the usual, "I don't know." That evolved into:

Carrie: What did you have for snack?
Mama: I told you already. What did YOU have for snack?
Carrie: I don't remember.
Mama: We had Goldfish, remember? What did you have? Crackers?
Carrie, thinking hard: I don't think we had snack. Oh. We had Pop Tarts. That's why I smell like yogurt. Did you know Pop Tarts are made out of (lengthy pause as she tries to figure out what Pop Tarts are made out of) yogurt?

=o I'm confused.

No comments: