Saturday, October 25, 2008

Funnies

Found some more random quotes lying around that I'd scribbled so I wouldn't forget them. The first one is Carrie:

If I was going to spell "mamas," I'd have to do it m-a-m-a-z-z-z-z-z....

And another one has a background story that adds to it. Liam goes grocery shopping with me on a regular basis. We'd stopped at the pharmacy and the pharmacist asked if he could have a sucker. I told her that would be fine, and of course he was thrilled with his grape lollipop. He told everyone he saw that he had a grape lollipop.

That next weekend when we went to the apple orchard we forgot to hit the credit union ahead of time. We drove into Michigan and stopped at the welcome center thinking they'd have an ATM. They didn't, but our brave little Liam approached the lady at the help desk and said, "can I need a grape lollipop, please?" She said she didn't have any grape lollipops but hands him a plastic cup full of Skittles.

Can we say choking hazard?!

Anyway, the kids call them (brace yourselves) S & S's. Well, makes sense. M & M's, why not S & S's? Hehe!

I was going to say "that's all for now," but I just remembered part of why Grandma Barb and Pap are here this weekend. I've been getting Glamour magazine lately and it has various liquor ads. Carrie pointed to a Patron Tequila ad and said, "hey, we have that downstairs, don't we?" Right then I decided the very next home improvement project would be getting a door onto our furnace room where we have our wine and where we will be putting the liquor for the Christmas party. If you've read previous posts you know that we are hobbit-ish housekeepers, so yes, our "bar" is still out from last year. I really shouldn't be admitting to things like this in a public forum, perhaps...

No comments: