Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Time for a new quote board...

I can't believe it, but it's time to type out the whole quote board again for those of you who can't get here to read this one. It's bright yellow, and Carrie is miffed that we are replacing it with a clean white one instead of a blue one. She feels that Liam got his turn, so naturally the next one should be HER favorite color. Too bad, so sad. ;) But before I start, here is a breakfast observation from Liam:

He's spelling, "c-r-u-n-c-h... spells Kix. And c-o-l-l-e-c-t a-l-l spells no eating strawberries." (Can you tell he's into reading cereal boxes these days?)

*playing restaurant*
C: I'll be your waitress for, like, forever. And you're my favorite patient.
Mama: Customer.
C: Yeah, customer. And someday I'll even be your husband. Your pretend husband. I know you already have one. And don't forget my name. It's Dave.
Mama: Do you have any pie?
C: I have chocolate chip, apple, and watermelon.
Mama: I'd like apple!
C: Would you like a whole pie or a half?
Mama: ! Um, I would like a piece, please.

Liam: I fink I wiped. With my hand.

C: Taffy and teeth don't go together very good.

Mama: You know what?
*L looks up attentively*
Mama: It's almost Valentine's Day.
L: I don't want to see Dr. Jon.

L: Mama, you're my best friend!
*Mama BEAMS* =)

Liam, with complete joy, opening Christmas gifts: HEEEEEY! It's a box!!!

L: You take care of the dishes. IIII will take care of the candy.

Mama: You were right!
*Dada thinks, "Woot! First time ever!"*

Mama: Dada doesn't know how to play the piano. He can't help you.
C: He should! I taught him!

C: If I was going to spell "mamas" I'd have to do it m-a-m-a-z-z-z-z-z-z.

*Liam is chanting repetitive trochaic drone*
Grandmama: Sing something pretty, Liam!
L: This IS pwetty!!!!

C: Love God, serve others, and tell the world about price. (Should be "Christ"...)

C: Liam! IT's your song! It's Jingle Bell, jingle bell, jingle bell ROCK!
L: No. My song is boo boo boo BUM! (Carol of the bells)

Mama: You used to have really nice, fast reflexes. I'm just checkin' them every now & again.
Dada: My reflexes are inversely proportional to my girth.

Mama shows Liam a Santa towel.
Mama: Who's this?
L: A snowman.
Mama: Noooo. It's Santa Claus!
L: Dinosaurs have claws too! And sharp teef!

Lou: I didn't have The Talk because I didn't have The Backbone. (He was kidding.)

Liam: This is my song. Watch. Bum bum bum BUM, Carol of Da Bells!

Grandmama is in tights & a spangly shirt, taking trousers downstairs to put them on...
L: HEY! NICE COSTUME!

Talking about Liam's Halloween birthday:
Grandmama: You're gonna get orange presents for forever...
L: I want LELLOW presents!

Grandmama: Do YOU know what the BEST part of Halloween is? YOU!
L: *incredulous* ME!?

C: To say "April," you hafta say "ape" which is a monkey and then "roll" which is a food.

Mama: ACK! Liam! Look outside! What's it doing?
L: It's raining.
Mama: Nooo. It's not raining.
L: It's raining snowballs. (It was snowing.)

Triskal: BARK!
Dada: You're a dork.

During November 2008's first snowfall:
C: I can see them in the air. They are flying south. *pause* Which way is south?
*Mama points*
C: Yep! The snowflakes are flying south!

L: Is Carrie five?
Mama: Yep. She's five. She's an old lady.
L: She's not an old lady. You're an old lady!
Mama: HEY!!

The kids have "Harvest Sprinkles" on their yogurt (orange, yellow, & green)
L: I need some more mittens.
C: He's thinking "hey diddle diddle"
Mama: They're PUMPKINS.
C: I thought they were FISH!

L: Hey, can I see that for a little second? Thanks!

Mama, to Liam, age 3: You look like such a big BOY. *pouts*
L: I'm sorry you're sad.
Mama: Quit growing. You're my BABY!
L: I growing again!!
Mama: Bugger.
L, laughing: I not a bugger!

Liam to Mama during morning love: Mmm. You are my best buddy. (Dec 1, 2008, age 3)

L: My really best friend is Dee. Don't forget my really best friend. Dont' forget meeeee.

L, age 3: My apple! It's a beauty!

C: Do you know what holiday it is?
Dada: It's Mama's birthday!
C: That's right!

Mama to Papa Lee Richards: Lee! I never see you in pants! (He's always in shorts...)

C on the phone to Nana, talking about Grandmama (who is Nana's daughter): Her name is Grandmama. Do you know her?

C: No spitting at the table, Liam. I won't put up with it.

*CLANK*
Dada to Liam: You need to keep your cough drop in your mouth so it doesn't end up in the potty.

Dada, mid-hula-hooping on Wii Fit, when C hits a button on the controls: AAAAAUUUUUGH!
Mama: "That was the sound of ultimate suffering..."
*gales of laughter*
Dada to C: Quit.
C hits Retry.
Dada: Nooooo! You MASOCHIST!
Mama, trying to recover, loses it again...

L: Jesus died on the cross.
Mama: Yes, he did. He died for all the things we do wrong.
C: I think Jesus died mostly for me cuz I'm always making bad choices.

L: Can I roll this?
Mama: What is it?
L: It's a fing. It's a squishy fing!

C: My finger is beeping. It's beeping little holes of hurts. (age 5.5)

Mama: Liam, what are the fuzzy brown fruits you touched?
C: Hairballs? Cat-tails?

L: It's my song! My song is beautiful! I love my song!

Dada, sputtering to Mama: Would you PLEASE refrain from verbally accosting me while I'm drinking!?

C: Uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco, Saturday!

Mama to Liam: Can I clone you?
L: You can kiss me.
Mama: That's even better! *SMOOCH*

Mama: What do YOU want for dinner?
L: COOKIES!

C: Is your belly button important? It is, right? So you can be tickled?

C: Mama! Liam got stuck between the wall and the customer bed!
Mama to Dada: What is this, a brothel?

C: I like Jax. He's handsome. I think he's the one I want to marry. Cuz he's a boy... and I'm a girl...

C: Snap, Pop, Cr-ak-ul... those are silly names for those boys. Hey, are those elves? We see those guys everywhere!

Mama: Where's the picture? You did the picture of you reading on mine.
C: I know. But he can read.
*Mama & Dada start cracking up*
Dada: You have increased your skill in reading (1). (Yes, EverQuest totally reshapes your life...)

Mama heads to the bathroom for some peace. C promptly starts whacking the door & starts scratching on it w/ her nails.
C: Mama! Liam has something! I gotta show you! It's really important!
Mama: What does he have? Tell me with words.
C: He has Dada's pen and he's writing... um... WIF WORDS!!
Mama is in the bathroom for some LONG minutes, regaining her composure.

Mama's jiggling Liam back & forth while making shaking noises.
L: I not a bacaraca!

Mama, smooching & squeezing Liam: I had to come kiss my boy.
L, totally leaning into it: Go away.

C: Raise your hand if you like chips.
L, raising hand: Not meeee. I wike circle chips & bumpy chips & Hinrew chips!

Mama: What should we have for dinner?
C: Get the noodle book & I'll show you.
Mama: No, we just had noodles last night.
C:No! GThey're not the squiggly ones- they're different ones.
Mama: They're still noodles! It doesn't matter what shape they are. So what should we have?
C thinks a minute: Spaghetti!

C, scanning NEWSWEEK: Who's she?
Mama: That's Tina Fey. She's very funny. She's called a comedienne.
C: I think I met her at church once.

Mama & Dada are trying to sneak chocolate. C peeks. Mama to C: YOU are a scavenger!
C: What's a scavenger?
Dada: Buzzard.
C: What's that? What're you having?
Dada: Buzzard.
C: Can I have some? When I'm done w/ my lunch?
Dada: No. That'd make you a cannibal.


Okay, I think that's all of them. Hope you got your morning chuckle! Love you all =)

3 comments:

The Gombas Clan said...

I love your quote boards! If more people thought like Carrie we might be better off, at least sometimes- "I think Jesus died for me... cause I make bad choices!" So many cute ones!

The Blue Ranger said...

Those are hilarious quotes, I've always kept up with your blog and it never fails to put a smile on my face.

wendyneric said...

I just sat here reading all of those and thought "you must have many roll-on-the-floor laughter days". Some of the things C and L say! Well, they are a product of you and Scott! That is the reason!! :)