Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Check these out, y'all!

This is so funny to me. This is my childhood home, in a picture taken in early November of 1977. Thanks to my Grammy for taking it, and for my aunt Chris for mailing it to my parents, and for them for forwarding it on to me. Now I get to play with it.

The first thing that strikes me is is that the holly bush beside the porch is MUCH taller than that now. The Halloweeny tree that is spreading its limbs across the front of the property has been affectionately called Stick Tree for a long, long time. My parents have had numerous branches removed over the years, and a tree surgeon doing the pruning once remarked, "my goodness. This tree is completely hollow!" Sadly, Stick Tree had to be removed entirely (well, what was left of him) within the last two years. The whole front of the house looks naked now...

The porch and trim have been a chocolate brown for as long as I can remember. We moved in when I was about one and a half, but I have no memories of it being white like this!

Dad's old car cracks me up, too. PaPa, was that your Duster?

On the back of the second photo, there's a note from my Grammy saying that's my Dad and my uncle Jeff working in the garage. Dad is the one bending over in the hat. Guess that means that all you can see of Jeff are his legs. Hehe! And I have no earthly idea what that old fence is from...




I'll have to take pictures of how the house looks the next time I'm "home" so we can all compare! Enjoy! =)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, it's like back to the future, kind of. surprised dad's car is facing the way that it is... they must have been using the trunk/back maybe?