Sunday, September 06, 2009

Quotes from The Best Nest, year 3.5

Thought I'd make everyone's weekend and publish the quote board this morning. Enjoy!

Grandmama: This was a best seller 50 years ago. I thought I'd get caught up.

While talking about our friend Mike Rice, Carrie asks: are there any more food names?
Mama: Oh, probably, but I can't think of them off the top my head.
Carrie: How 'bout off the bottom of your head?

Mama: Happy half birthday to Liam (singing) You're three and a half!
Liam: And you're forty-free!
Mama: I'm THIRTY-three. I'll be 43 when you're 13.
Carrie: I'll be dead by then.
Mama: No you will not! You'll be 15!
Carrie: Your mom will be dead.
Mama: Nuh uh! She'll be an old lady!

Liam, singing: Our God is an awesome God. Erase! (should be "He reigns...")

Mama & Carrie are looking at a Canadian coin.
Mama: Yep, that's a beaver. You were right. And that's Queen Elizabeth the 2nd.
Liam: Ewizabef?
Carrie: What's the beaver's name? Does it say?
Mama: No, it doesn't say.
Carrie: She's a drama queen, isn't she?

Liam: Dada, I pooped!
Dada, checking the evidence: Did you trade places with someone else? Andre the Giant, perhaps?

Liam, before dinner is ready: Oh NO! There's nuffing in my bowl!

Nina: Girls are really smart. Boys are really drool.

Carrie is sleeping diagonally across her bed so she faces the edge of her pillow, because it is her first day of having a loose tooth: I'm sleeping like this so I can put it right under my pillow when it falls out- I hope the Tooth Fairy comes....

Mama, singing "OomPaPa" from Oliver...
Carrie: HEY! That's Harry Poppins! Right? Uh... Mary. Mary Poppins. Oom Pa Pa Oom Pa Pa everyone sews...

While listening to Bennie & The Jets from Elton John:
Mama: *singing* electric boots and a mohair suit...
PaPa: Electric boob?!
Mama: Hahahah could be! *singing again* electric boobs and a mohair suit...
PaPa: Gives a whole new meaning to the word "flashing"!

Heidi: I'm a smart girl!
Dada: You're a smart girl?
Heidi: Yeah, I know how to bake pancakes!

Mama: I'm so glad you're home. You're my balm.
Dada, beaming: I'm da bomb.

Liam: Can you tuck me in, Mama?
Mama: You should ask Dada. He wasn't here last night.
Liam to Dada: Dada, can Mama tuck me in?
Mama: That's so not what I meant...

Grandmama: That's a back hoe!
Liam: No, it's a BIG thing!

Jack & Carrie are playing in a sandbox. Carrie is wearing plastic safety glasses.
Jack's mom, Tiffany, calls out to Jack: Don't throw sand.
Carrie: It's okay. I have my safety goggles on.

Liam: We already HAVE coughs, PaPa. We don't want hiccups.

Liam: Can I have some more ghost cheese, please? (goat cheese)

Liam: I need the pushpins! (corn cob holders)

Liam: My springy fingy! (Slinky)

While reading books, Mama attempts to make a point.
Liam, admonishing: Mama! Why did you poke me for your elbow?!

*This one was pre-released, but I promised to post it when the quote board was full*
Carrie: I wish I was a boy.
Liam: I wish I was a girl.
Mama to Liam: Why? Do you want to wear dresses?
Liam: No.
Mama: Do you want to wear tights?
Liam: No.
Carrie: If you were a girl, you couldn't play with your penis. You wouldn't have one. It would be gone.
Liam: My penis would be gone?!
Mama has to leave the room.

Mama, jammin' with her coffee to the Derek Trucks Band: Nothin' like a little jazz in the morning with your yogurt and granola...
Dada raises his glass of ice water.
Mama extracts a Triskal-hair from her mouth: and doghair.
Dada: Cheers to the short and curlies.

Carrie, whining: When!? I've been patient enough!
Dada, smirking: When?

Carrie: Dave Rhino and Mr. Manoj...
Dada: Dave Rhino- he's evolving! Used to be Dave Yano!

Liam: They're not Wheat Thins. They're Ethans.

"Wut can I do to hlp b sids ben cwiit" (What can I do to help besides being quiet? -Carrie, 6)

*tap tap tap* on the sliding glass door
Dada opens to a crying Liam.
Dada: yes?
Liam: the doggie took my bat.
Dada: *pause* did you try to hit him with it?
Liam: yuh.yuh.yuh.yeeeessssss.
(wish I could draw a picture on here... imagine chewed up, blue, plastic baseball bat. Insert here)

Carrie gives Bill H. (a grandfather we know) a rock.
Carrie: Let's play the flute & bicycle game. Give me that flute.
Bill: What's the rock for?
Carrie: Never mind. Put it on the table.
Bill: Well, the tire is flat on this bike.
Carrie: Well, you're too big for that bike!

BUM TAG! HAHHAHAHahahahahahahah

Dada: Timex, takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'...

July 3, 2009
Carrie: are we going anywhere tonight?
Mama: I dunno. Where would you like to go?
Carrie: ummmmmm. Bob Evans?

Grandmama: I LIKE beans. They are great neighbors.

Liam: are we getting cheese pizza with spots on it? (pepperoni)

Liam: Here ya go, Mom. A flower for ya. <3 <3 <3

Mama, reading: "Don't go into Mr. McGregor's garden." Where are they NOT supposed to go?
Carrie: The garden. IIII wouldn't if I was a rabbit. I'd get killed. In the pie.

Carrie, after seeing Mama in her nightgown, turns to Dada: Your WOMAN is BEAUTIFUL!

Liam, scurrying upstairs from the TV in the basement: I just came up to kiss you.
Mama, basking: Ohh, how sweet! I love your love, kisses, and snuggles... *bask bask*
Liam: I came up to eat, too.

Scottio, of the long, flowing locks!

FRST WE WILL MAC A THAP FUR MOM *insert angry face here*
(First, we will make a trap for mom. Carrie, 6)

And finally, we have posted a Baby Blues comic strip on the top of the quoteboard. It has two frames. The first says, "When you say:" and the Dad is pointing to his watch yelling, "Let's go! We're late!" The second says, "They must hear:" the Dad saying, "Everybody move in slow motion!" as the kids drag themselves, slouching, across the floor to him.

Happy Labor Day Weekend, everyone! =)

1 comment:

Annmarie said...

I love the Bennie and the Jets one. It reminds me of a similar event here. I always dance Euan on my lap and sing, "Shake shake shake shake shake shake, shake your booty." and Liam sings along except he thinks it's "shake your boobie" LOL! Gotta love kids! =D