Monday, November 23, 2009

Say what?

The 4 of us are in the car on the way home from various errands tonight, and from the backseat Liam bursts into tears. I turn around in my seat and ask what's wrong:

Liam: *sobbing* My video watch is in the cage!
Mama: *looking at Dada for help... he shrugs... turns back to Liam* What video watch?
Liam: My INVISIBLE video watch! It's in the cage!
Mama turns again to Dada: *sotto voce* Did you guys go somewhere with a claw-retrieving toy thing or something?
Dada: Nope.
Mama turns towards the backseat: Where is the cage?
Liam: *still sobbing* Beside Dee!
Lightbulb goes off over Mama's head.
Mama: Dee? Do you have Liam's invisible video watch in a cage?
Dee: Yes. But I can't find the cage because it's invisible too.
Mama, steaming: Put on your invisible glasses that let you see invisible (thank you, thank you, thank you, Sony- the makers of EverQuest for see invis glasses!) and find the cage and open it up so Liam can get his invisible video watch out.
Dee: But I don't have the key...
Mama: DO IT NOW. Reach your hand over to him. NOW.
Mama turns back in seat, muttering: that kid. Oooh, that kid... if we can't compete now at age 6, what chance to we have at 16? We are so screwed.......

So. I know I'm not getting the Mom of the Year award due to various issues out of my control, but can I at least get a raise for my role as Psychologist? Translator? Knowing When Your Big Sister is Being a Pain in the Rear Award? Something??

I was headed to the quote board to write all that and figured I'd better go straight here. Good night, all. Happy almost Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Holy cow - invisible watches, keys and cages?! Maybe this is why I don't have kids...YET! lol I LOVE their imaginations and am quite impressed :) Happy early Birdie Day! xo