Sunday, March 21, 2010

28 weeks down

The Baby in the Belly, as the kids have named him/her, has completed 28 weeks and now we enter the final trimester. So far, so good! Our doctor is very pleased with weight gain and how I'm measuring, my glucose test is done, I've gotten my Rhogam shot, and we're all set. Names are still being discussed, as usual, and most of my Girlfriends are giving me the usual grief about being All Baby once again. I keep reading that a pregnant woman may gain about 11 pounds in this last 12 weeks and I keep wondering if ANY of it will help me grow a butt. *sigh* And no, you may not smack me for that. I'll sit on you!



That first picture is for Wendy. The wrap was given to me by my OBGYN for Liam, who is only doing GYN now, as a help for recovery. I'd lent it to Wendy during one of her pregnancies and she swore it helped with back pain when she wore it pre-baby. So I'm giving it a try, and whaddaya know, she's right! It's a relief to put on and also a relief to take off, if that makes any sense. If not, no worries.

Everything has been going very smoothly and I'm very blessed. Carrie jabbed me constantly with her bony little heels, usually under my right ribs. Liam was a whole body bouncer, as if I was a trampoline. This child likes to dance. And box. The kids have been laughing hysterically that when I lay on the couch, the baby in the belly goes crazy. Shimmies, bounces, kicks, punches, you name it. We're so excited!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

JC said...

Such an amazingly beautiful blank and white. We are so excited for you!