Friday, March 05, 2010

Sure signs of spring

The kids have been asking, "when is Spring cleaning day?" I have promised them that I'll let them know. Today Liam was helping wipe down windows. He lets me spray the Windex and then he tries his hardest to make the squeaky sound that makes him laugh. =)

Our sheets are all changed (we do that on Fridays around here) and I'm contemplating washing curtains. However, I have already committed to cookie baking today and we need to vacuum, so I don't want TOO many irons in the fire. I do need my naps too!

AND we saw our very first robin this morning. He was pretty sneaky. Liam was sure he was a dove and he kept standing on the fence right between us and the sun. Finally he hopped into the front yard for a few seconds and we did spot his bright red breast! YAY! It really IS almost Spring! Hang in there, Sally! ;)

Yesterday I trimmed up the kids' hair. Carrie's was mostly just bangs and around her ears, but I got the clippers out for Liam. Amazingly, the #4 clippers are shorter than I remember them being. *whistling innocently* I truly didn't mean to buzz him, and there was a TON of hair on the floor, but he is all fuzzy and ready for Spring. Mama Rita has already admonished me. But his face just POPS with no hair on his forehead! He is SO cute. I'll get pictures up soon! We even pulled a Sarah, Plain and Tall and tossed the hair outside for the birds to line their nests with.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Grandmama comes out on Sunday, so we're going to fit as much fun with her in as we can. I've already promised Care Bear a Just Girls' Milkshake Date, so at least we know we have that to look forward to. May you all have wonderful weekends!

1 comment:

Andrew, Kristen said...

I broke out the clippers yesterday on David & Andrew as well! :) Wish we had given our hair to the birds though...