Monday, March 01, 2010

Hooray! Proof!

Our snowman looks like the headless horseman. The Broccoli Broad started to melt yesterday and the broccoli popped out. Triskal devoured that, and I replaced the hat on her head. I added balls from our yard for her eyes and the kids were inside pointing to their mouths. So I inserted a smashed plastic pink bowling pin for her smile, turned around, and the kids are pointing to their noses. I found some old Happy Meal toy from Nick Jr., I think, and showed it headfirst into a nose hole so that the base of it was sticking out. The kids bent over laughing.

Today, there are two humps left of abdomen and thorax, I suppose. Hat is gone again and the entire head has melted away. I'm sad to see her go, but not at all sad to see the rest of the snow in the yard following her lead.

And the best part is that I thought I saw a killdeer on our way to church on Sunday. This morning while I was running errands with Sweetieboy, I saw three more. I hate to think what they are thinking, but I have a general idea. But that means spring is coming if they are coming back! Hoooooooooooooray!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Columbia said...

Some former birder I am... I had to look up what a killdeer was. I love to see those first signs of spring. Red winged blackbirds over here are our sign tha spring is returning, but crocuses sprouting up around old trees will always do it for me.

...Triskal would/can eat a raw head of broccoli??? Wow...