Monday, November 26, 2018

Oregon on my mind


Today feels like a day in Oregon. I had to park in the back forty of the parking lot for my fifteenth date with Baymax, and as I strolled in I thought about the damp and the light precipitation and how things are still green-ish here. 

After my date, I bundled up to trudge back to the car and when I rounded the corner of the building I got smacked in the face with a gust of wind. It reminded me vividly of the first time I got to see the Pacific Ocean. It was as a newlywed when Dada took me to Cannon Beach. I hopped out of the car, spread my arms wide, started to holler "hellooooo Pacifi*SPLAT* owwww! THAT wasn't NICE!" 

Sleet. Stinging sleet right in my face.

This was like that but minus the sleet, though I imagine that's not too far off. 

At any rate, I am not quite halfway through radiation if you look at it as 15/33 being done, but I am over halfway if you figure that the last 5 treatments will only be focused on my surgical scars. Probably a good thing, too, as I am looking a bit crispy:


You can tell best in my armpit, which, when I think about it, is probably the first time I've ever managed to get sunburn in my armpit, haha!


If you look under my armpit on that right side you'll see more, and up between my neck and shoulder there is more pink. There is also a mole I should probably have looked at the next time I'm in... hmmm... consider this your last-minute PSA to get any suspicious moles checked, as well! AND it is no-shave-November, you men, so get yourselves to your doctors for your annual checkups and take good care of yourselves! We ladies kinda like having you around and people are depending on you to be your best. Ahem.

Big kids are probably coming home any minute, so I gotta jet, but here's two more. Again, right shoulder: 


And yes, that's hair! Woohoo!


Have a wonderful post-Thanksgiving week and stay safe in whatever Mother Nature throws your way!





No comments: